TERMS & CONDITIONS
For the purpose of these T&C’s, ‘Amberlodge’ shall mean ‘Amberlodge Boarding Cattery’
1. Cancellation of the full booking within 7 days of the commencement of the booking will result in the full boarding fees being due for payment.
2. Cancellation of the full booking within 7-28 days of the commencement of the booking will result in 50% of the full boarding fees being due for payment.
3. In the event of owners returning before the end of the boarding period booked, the full period booked will be charged. There are no discounts for early collections.
4. Boarding accounts must be settled on collection of your cat(s), minus the deposit paid in advance of boarding.
5. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
6. Boarding fees are charged per day, including the day of arrival and departure.
7. A deposit of £50 is required from new customers in high season which is all school holidays, and a non-refundable deposit of £20 at all other times.
8. A surcharge of £10 will be made for each booking to cover the increasing costs of waste disposal. (per booking not per cat).
9. Only cats from the same household may share one accommodation.
10. Door to door collection/delivery service is available at a charge of £1 per mile (£5 minimum charge per journey).
11. Any additional costs incurred by us, such as flea treatments etc., are payable upon collection of your cat(s)
12. A time will be agreed between us for drop off and collection of your cat(s) the day before arrival/collection. If you are delayed or need to change the drop off or collection time, please call us as soon as possible to rearrange.
13. Owners must produce an up to date vaccination certificate upon arrival at Amberlodge.
14. No cat suffering from, or suspected of suffering from, any infectious or contagious disease, will be accepted for boarding. Amberlodge reserves the right to refuse admission to any cat showing signs of ill health. Owners will appreciate that this is essential in order to safeguard the health and well-being of all cats boarding at Amberlodge.
15. We are covered by PetPlan 5 Star insurance so any treatment considered advisable will be carried out under this insurance cover. However, any pre-existing health issues that your cat(s) has or have prior to entering Amberlodge, will not be covered under our policy. Any veterinary fees incurred whilst in the cattery that are not covered by our PetPlan insurance are to be paid by the client. You will be asked to sign to consent that whenever necessary you agree to your cat(s) being examined and treated by a veterinary surgeon of the catteries choice.
16. The emergency contact that you supply will, in the absence of us being able to contact you, authorise any veterinary treatment needed and will speak directly with the clinic in relation to payment and insurance policies where applicable.
17. Amberlodge reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for veterinary visits with your cat.
18. As previously mentioned in (12) above, a time will be agreed between us for drop off and collection of your cat(s) the day before arrival/collection. If you are delayed or need to change the drop off or collection time, please call us as soon as possible to rearrange.
19. Your cat’s vaccinations and one-year booster jabs must be up to date.
20. Your cat’s up to date vaccination certificate or a photocopy will need to be presented prior to boarding, and the certificate will be held with Amberlodge during the entirety of your cat(s) stay with us. Please remember that your cat cannot be boarded without it, so ensure your vaccinations are boosted annually. This is in the interest of your cat’s health and those who are staying at Amberlodge at the same time.
21. Where a full course of vaccinations is required, these must be completed at least 7 days before boarding.
22. The annual booster vaccination should be carried out at least 7 days before boarding.
23. No cat suffering from, or suspected of suffering from, any infectious or contagious disease can be accepted for boarding. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any cat showing signs of ill health. Owners will appreciate that this is essential in order to safeguard the health of all cats boarding at Amberlodge.
24. Male cats over the age of six months which have not been neutered will not be accepted for boarding.
FLEAS & WORMS
25. An effective flea management programme requires treatment by a vet-recommended formula every 4-6 weeks. If your cat is not on a regular flea treatment programme, please apply a veterinary recommended flea treatment just before your cat comes to holiday with us.
26. If your cat has not been wormed within the last three months prior to staying with us, please administer an appropriate worming treatment before boarding commences.
27. If we find that a cat boarding with us has arrived with fleas and/or worms, we will administer appropriate treatment, the cost of which will be added to your final invoice.
28. We will accommodate cats on medication and this can be discussed at the time of your booking. We can administer medication either orally or in food but regretfully, we do not take insulin-dependent cats.
29. We will ask for your written authority to call a veterinary surgeon on your behalf should we consider it necessary.
30. As previously mentioned in (15) above, we are covered by PetPlan 5 Star insurance, but any veterinary fees not covered by our PetPlan insurance, for instance through pre-existing health conditions prior to boarding, will be at the owner’s expense. Any outstanding veterinary fees must be paid prior to collection.
31. Whilst every care and precaution is taken during boarding, responsibility can only be accepted at the owner’s risk.
FAILURE TO COLLECT
32. If you fail to collect your cat(s) after 14 days of the due date of departure, you give Amberlodge the authority to re-home at our discretion, without further reference to you providing you have not made arrangements in writing for the period to be extended.